I lost my car's certificate of registration (CR) due to typhoon Ondoy and I badly needed a duplicate CR to replace it. I googled online and saw the LTO requirements for a lost CR replacement including new CR fees:
DUPLICATE CERTIFICATE OF REGISTRATION
1. Original Official Receipt of Current Payment
2. Photocopy of Certificate of Registration
3. Affidavit of lost Certificate of Registration, indicating CR serial number lost in affidavit
4. Motor Vehicle Inspection Report (Stencil)
5. At least two (2) valid identification cards from Registered owner photocopy to be submitted at LTO after presentation of Original ID’s.
6. TIN of registered owner
7. File application ONLY at LTO where the Certificate of Registration was issued
1. 30.00 duplicate CR fee
2. 30.00 law enforcement clearance fee
3. 134.40 computer fee
4. 10.00 legal research fund
Note that my car's registered in Makati so I need to drop by again at LTO Makati on Pililla St to get a new CR. But i wanted something online much like online ordering system of NSO to get birth certificates.
the answer I found on https://go.lto.net.ph that offers these online services:
1. Motor Vehicle Certification
2. LETAS Certification
3. LTO Records Verification
Such a nice concept again for the Land Transportation Office (LTO) but only if they can make it work as advertised.
It's because for days now I've been trying to register but the only reply I get is a screenful of JBOSS error messages (givng users the idea of what they're using) Stradcom needs to learn many things on web application security and I won't really be surprised if LTO website gets hacked into.
Heck, the SSL certificate also doesn't match the domain name that's why you'll also encounter a cerficate error when you first visit the website.
LTO and Stradcom, wake up!