LTO Drivers License Restriction Codes
Since this is about Drivers License Restrictions, someone asked me how to add additional restriction codes to their drivers license. I replied it's just the normal drivers license renewal process, same drug test, same fees except the additional restriction request for a minimal cost (P30 or less, AFAIK).
In Metro Manila, you can only have the additional restrictions at LTO offices and not the regular centers i.e. LTO main office on East Avenue and the center in Pasay City.
Requests like that can't be accommodated in other renewal centers.
for those new drivers, the restrictions:
1. Motorcycles/motorized tricycles
2. vehicle up to 4500 kgs GVW
3. vehicle above 4500 kgs GVW
4. automatic clutch up to 4500 kgs GVW
5. automatic clutch above 4500 kgs GVW
6. articulated vehicle 1600 kgs GVW and below
7. articulated vehicle 1601 up to 4500 kgs GVW
8. articulated vehicle 4501 kgs and above GVW
Note that those owning bikes with restriction of 2 only are the targets of mulcting policemen so better be sure you have the required restriction when driving one. (note also the restriction on using motorcycles at the NLEX and SLEX)
It's a good thing i got a license with restrictions 1 and 2 already so that means
I can drive a motorcycle and any vehicle (manual or automatic) up to 4500 kgs.
For now, practice my driving skills, particularly defensive driving that I need lots of :P
How to renew LTO Drivers License
How Apply for Replacement LTO Drivers License
posted by backpacking philippines @ Monday, February 18, 2008,
- At February 25, 2008 at 9:16 PM, tina said...
this reminds me of getting my own drivers license.
- At October 3, 2011 at 1:26 PM, said...
how to add my code and change to professional my drivers license?
- At October 11, 2011 at 3:42 PM, paetechie said...
anonymous, go to the LTO offices to have it replaced
- At October 4, 2012 at 12:20 PM, said...
how much additional ristriction 3 and 4?
- At November 17, 2012 at 11:41 AM, said...
i have restriction 4, can i drive a manual car too?
- At December 2, 2012 at 9:37 PM, paetechie said...
anonymous, restriction 4 for automatic only, request LTO to add. other enforcers know this, most of them do not
- At January 22, 2013 at 2:04 PM, said...
Mali yung NUMBERING nang RESTRICTION CODE!!! YUNG 8 nagging 6.. NAkakalito