This is a pathetic and unscrupulous attempt of some group on trying to sell you insurance by Prudential Life, not sure if officially sanctioned by Prudential Life
but the way they trick people in coming to their office is something that should never be done by normal people.
I'm publishing this as another friend of mine asked me if this modus operandi that she won something and must come to the same office (my friends know of the kind of work I do that's why they consult me about things like this)
You people behind this trick should be ashamed of yourselves.
I sent an email inquiry to the helpdesk of Prudential Life but fell on deaf ears and got no reply...I wonder why
to all readers, beware and spread the word!
the shenanigans behind this act use Social Engineering by declaring to come to their office and file within 24 hours plus the dubious and absurd requirement of presenting credit card as identification.
we received a call informing us that we still file for a claim on a dead brother's Prudential life insurance.
our brother died in an accident several months ago.
this was a surprise as earlier inquiries told us that the policy had lapsed.
the caller said that:
- the claim must be filed within 24 hours;
- any relative may file the claim but must have valid IDs (company ID, sss ID, any CREDIT CARD);
- we must proceed to Prudential Life's RELEASING OFFICE at the 6/F RCI Bldg, Rada St., Legaspi Vill., Makati
at the supposedly RELEASING OFFICE, although the glass doors and wall had the the Prudential Life name/logo, the room didn't feel right:
- there was only a single office table with several chairs, a sofa and some side tables and a tv (several young men/yuppies were watching tv);
- the carpeting was dismal;
- very prominent was a stack of large gift-wrapped boxes (maalala mo talaga yung 'family first')
we became really suspicious and finally withdrew when, despite our insistence that we were there to file for a claim:
- they did not ask for any detail about the policy holder (not even the name);
- instead they filled out a green Prudential Life Personal Information Sheet with my info.
- they insisted on requiring that we present at least one CREDIT CARD for verification of our identity.
we were lucky to get out unscathed (we never presented a credit card, got back my IDs and the information sheet before leaving) pero ang masakit, namatayan na nga kami ay naisipan pa nilang gawin yun - sana multohin sila ng kapatid ko!